Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerDiscover and Document Network Routing table only shows 'Global' in vrf dropdown?

Notices

Old 11-21-2013, 03:13 PM

Default Routing table only shows 'Global' in vrf dropdown?

trying to do a path discovery from a server in our data center to a remote server. The gateway is a Routing Instance on a Juniper 8216. It appears to only be using the Global table, not the routing instance associated with that gateway.

When I ask for properties on the gateway and then view routing table, I cannot call up the table I am looking for. The 'vrf' dropdown has only one selection: 'Global'

Strangely when I retreive from live network, the drop down in that box does show all the routing instances. When I select the one I want it succeeds, but the dropdown still lists only the one Global table.

How do I update things so the discovery uses the routing instance associated with the gateway interface?
Old 11-27-2013, 03:54 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Routing table only shows 'Global' in vrf dropdown?

Hi eg3490,

The Discover Path feature have the capability to trace gateway under VRF instances. But first, please make sure you have the latest routing table for VRFs by performing NetBrain Benchmark.

For more details on how to perform network Benchmark, feel free to check out this video.

[NetBrain]Case#00006153
Old 11-27-2013, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Routing table only shows 'Global' in vrf dropdown?

thanks, once I got a good benchmark in there, the dropdown had all the vrfs, still checking to see if I still have issues with my pathh discovery