Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product NetBrain Feature: Change Device Icon

Old 07-28-2011, 05:00 AM

Default NetBrain Feature: Change Device Icon

Change Device Icon

NetBrain supports changing the device icon to another icon or the user-defined icon for a device type.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:17 AM

Default Re: NetBrain Feature: Change Device Icon

Hi,

The Problem I have is that Netbrain doesnt seem to recognise standard Cisco routers and puts them down as L3 Switches. For example it thinks my 1921/K9 Cisco router is a 3550 switch and the same for my 2921/K9 Router. The Strange thing is that it seems to know the Model number

When I manually try and change the Icons I can only pick from switch icons (same as your screen shot above) and I don't want to have to manually add a different diagram with different colours for each device state (up/down/unstable etc..)
Old 06-10-2014, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladdin78 View Post
Hi,

The Problem I have is that Netbrain doesnt seem to recognise standard Cisco routers and puts them down as L3 Switches. For example it thinks my 1921/K9 Cisco router is a 3550 switch and the same for my 2921/K9 Router. The Strange thing is that it seems to know the Model number

When I manually try and change the Icons I can only pick from switch icons (same as your screen shot above) and I don't want to have to manually add a different diagram with different colours for each device state (up/down/unstable etc..)
Can you please check whether you have SNMP access to these Cisco routers ? Because I checked the vendor/model table for Cisco 1921 and devices belong to this model should be recognized as Cisco router if SNMP is accessible. You can rediscover these devices to find whether NetBrain has SNMP access to these devices.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:19 PM

What steps do you take to change the device icon for a certain model? I would like the icon to be different for ASA and ASAv firewalls.

I am using IE 7.1.

Thanks,
Old 07-03-2019, 02:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytootshoes View Post
What steps do you take to change the device icon for a certain model? I would like the icon to be different for ASA and ASAv firewalls.

I am using IE 7.1.

Thanks,
We are so sorry that we do not support changing device icon in version 7.1. This feature will be supported in version 8.0 which will be released in a month.
Please feel to contact NetBrain if you want to upgrade.