Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product Cisco WAAS and WAE support

Old 04-23-2013, 03:01 PM

Default Cisco WAAS and WAE support

I have Cisco WAAS and WAe devices that have been discovered by Netbrain. When I do a live network retrieval i see in the log it run a "sh inventory" and can see the serial number but it doesn't grab that data and store it as part of device info. Am I missing something or is Netbrain not capabale of that data for the WAAS or WAE devices?
Old 04-24-2013, 09:19 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Cisco WAAS and WAE support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1436 View Post
I have Cisco WAAS and WAe devices that have been discovered by Netbrain. When I do a live network retrieval i see in the log it run a "sh inventory" and can see the serial number but it doesn't grab that data and store it as part of device info. Am I missing something or is Netbrain not capabale of that data for the WAAS or WAE devices?
Hi,

Which device types of these two devices are recongized? Cisco IOS or End system? NB should use show version to retrieve the S/N(Processor Board ID or Serial No.), if the output format of show version is not supported, the SN should not be reachable.

Thanks
Gerry
Old 04-24-2013, 05:18 PM

NB sees them as IOS devices. and in the discovery and benchmark log you can clearly see it showing the S/N. But like I said it just doesn't save that data in properties.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1436 View Post
NB sees them as IOS devices. and in the discovery and benchmark log you can clearly see it showing the S/N. But like I said it just doesn't save that data in properties.
Hi,
yes, for ios switch, it will send both show version and show inventory, but it uses show version to retrieve S/N, i copied partial code below,

devinfo.version = ciscoproperty.parse_version_from_show_version( ss )
devinfo.serial = ciscoproperty.parse_serial_number_from_show_versio n( ss )
devinfo.model = ciscoproperty.parse_model_from_show_version( ss )

If you like, you can get the complete one from workspace>Vendor model drop down list>Device Driver>Cisco IOS switch>Advanced>Device Information, it is open for everyone, hope it helps.

Thx,
Gerry
Old 05-16-2013, 12:22 PM
tcunning

I have a similiar issue but NB sees the WAE devices as End Systems. How do I get NB to see it as a WAE and retrieve all of the information?
Old 05-17-2013, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Hi tcuning,

Please refer to the following thread to change the device type/driver to Cisco IOS switch:

http://forums.netbraintech.com/showthread.php?t=18986

In OEv5.0 and later version, a qapp(procedure) is provided to retrieve WAE S/N and embed it into the Customized Information filed of device property and also can be exported to Asset report.

Please download the qapp here and refer to Netbrain Workstation Mannual for details on Automation Procedure(Press F1 to bring up the End User Manual>14 Automation Procedure)

ap1436, you got it via email support, right?

Thx,
Gerry