Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product Sub-interfaces on L2 map

Old 01-26-2017, 04:00 PM

Default Sub-interfaces on L2 map

I'm having a problem with creating usable L2 diagrams of our Cisco Nexus 9K cores - 12 of them. The L3 interfaces between them have about 10 sub-interfaces per uplink. In a network that is partially meshed, this adds up to hundreds of extra links on the map. Is there a way that I can build the L2 map so that the main uplink interface represents all the sub-interfaces too instead of having a dozen links drawn between two devices representing one physical connection?
Old 01-31-2017, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Sub-interfaces on L2 map

Basically, the NetBrain is using One-IP table and switch connectivity table to calculate the L2 topology. The connections in One-IP table are retrieved from L3 interface, that's why you can see all sub-interface connection on L2 map. At the same time, we cannot disable these sub-interface link in the L2 map.

If you have more questions, please feel free to send ticket to support@netbraintech.com. Our engineer will help to create a new case for you.

Last edited by NetBrain Support; 01-31-2017 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Sub-interfaces on L2 map

Thanks for your reply. So, I guess this might be a feature request, then. I'd like for there to be an option to simply represent all of the sub-interfaces as one, combined trunk or bundle, much the way you can do with port-channels in certain circumstances. Put another way, I'd like the option for a layer 1 diagram on these links. Maybe an additional feature could be an "exploded view" of the single physical interface into all its L2/L3 sub-interfaces and the ability to easily toggle back and forth.