Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product Multi Context ASA

Old 07-02-2018, 09:44 AM

Default Multi Context ASA

Hello,

For some reason I cannot get NetBrain to see all the contexts on Cisco ASAs. I have logging and the right SSH and SNMP creds in NetBrain, but it still only show the System and admin context. I saw another post in this forums where it was recommended to check the perms of SNMP and SSH and to make sure "Retrieve inventory information of Device/Module/Interface" which I did. It also said that NetBrain uses the command show context to discover other contexts. Well after running the discovery again I exported the log file and noticed it did not run that command. It runs show name, enable, show failover, show route, and exit. Can you please advise on how to get other contexts to show in NetBrain?
Old 07-03-2018, 02:35 AM

Default Re: Multi Context ASA

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownbootz View Post
Hello,

For some reason I cannot get NetBrain to see all the contexts on Cisco ASAs. I have logging and the right SSH and SNMP creds in NetBrain, but it still only show the System and admin context. I saw another post in this forums where it was recommended to check the perms of SNMP and SSH and to make sure "Retrieve inventory information of Device/Module/Interface" which I did. It also said that NetBrain uses the command show context to discover other contexts. Well after running the discovery again I exported the log file and noticed it did not run that command. It runs show name, enable, show failover, show route, and exit. Can you please advise on how to get other contexts to show in NetBrain?
1. In order to discover Cisco ASA virtual contexts in NetBrain,please make sure NetBrain has the permission to use these commands: show mode, show version, show context, changeto context besides the commands you mentioned.
2. The virtual contexts can't be added when the license nodes run out.
3. If it still doesn't work, please consider raising a ticket by sending an email to support@netbraintech.com. Please also provide Discovery Log and Execution Log attached with the email.