Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product The power of NetBrain Automation Procedure

Old 03-02-2013, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Default The power of NetBrain Automation Procedure

NetBrain procedure helps you automate the process of network troubleshooting, network change verification, compliance check, mapping special network technology, etc.

1.If you want to build knowledge base of network troubleshooting for your company, and make it repeatable in the future troubleshooting, NetBrain procedure makes it become possible. E.g. troubleshoot why a BGP route not getting originated, is it caused by routing table doesn’t have a matching root?

2.If you want to check network status periodically, e.g. routing neighbor changed or not, multicasting SPT tree changed or not, HSRP role changed or not, device health including
FAN/Temperature/CPU utilization, etc, the procedure helps.

3.If you want to run particular application check after network change, e.g. ping IP addresses in server farm, check whether backup routing is performed, etc. Just define a few procedures once and run them every time after you change your network.

4.Do you want to map all devices in same VTP domain? Or highlight interface Queue type on map? Yes, you can define procedure to create various special map like this by parsing device CLI command outputs and all map function in map.

5.If you want to parse more CLI command outputs to get special inventory report easily even without NetBrain help, procedure makes it become possible.

6.If you want to check configuration compliance, e.g. is password encrypted? any interface MTU mismatch? You can define procedure to parse the configuration files and analyze.

Moreover, which is the more exciting , the Procedure does not need the programme skills!
Old 05-22-2013, 02:49 PM
jrichv

Default Re: The power of NetBrain Automation Procedure

Where can I find instructions and examples on how to create automated procedures?
Old 05-23-2013, 11:32 PM
Administrator

Please refer to this document or sign up for free instructor-led online classes.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:45 AM

Can a L2 map be drawn from a procedure showing switches and end hosts?
Old 05-28-2013, 10:51 PM
Administrator

If you want to create L2 map via Procedure, you can use the following function to achieve this task.

DrawDevice(str:OCurDev, bool:bAutoLink=True, str:sMap="", str:sPage="", nPageType=1)

Thx!
Old 12-08-2013, 01:08 PM

How do you attach a proceedure to a map?

I have a L2 map with ~25 devices, I want to run a proceedure against those 25 switches and I can't figure out how to.

I've tried the following
  1. The "Run" button in the upper right of the map
  2. Right clicking white space on the map, then Run proceedure
  3. Highlighting all devices on the map then right clicking on a hightlighted device...but the right click doesn't bring up context menu
  4. Highlighting all devices on map, right clicking on map white space but that unselectes all devices
  5. Highlighting all devices on map, right clicking on Run in the upper right...but that bar isn't there.
But each one that actually ran, tried to run against all 2000 devices...which crashes spectacularly after about 60 seconds.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtdionne View Post
How do you attach a proceedure to a map?

I have a L2 map with ~25 devices, I want to run a proceedure against those 25 switches and I can't figure out how to.

I've tried the following
  1. The "Run" button in the upper right of the map
  2. Right clicking white space on the map, then Run proceedure
  3. Highlighting all devices on the map then right clicking on a hightlighted device...but the right click doesn't bring up context menu
  4. Highlighting all devices on map, right clicking on map white space but that unselectes all devices
  5. Highlighting all devices on map, right clicking on Run in the upper right...but that bar isn't there.
But each one that actually ran, tried to run against all 2000 devices...which crashes spectacularly after about 60 seconds.
Hi dtdionne,

I have created Case#00006285 to track your question.
Here is a short demo on how to run Automation Procedures. These two ways are the right approach to run Automation Procedures.

1. The "Run" button in the upper right of the map.
  2. Right clicking white space on the map, then Run procedure.

Also, please try to run Procedure against a small group of devices. You are more likelly to encounter performence issues with 2000 devices.