Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product Why does NB not show the switch L2 links?

Old 02-01-2013, 03:28 AM

Question Why does NB not show the switch L2 links?

One more question, when I discover a normal catalyst2950, drag and drop it to L2 map, it just show as an isolated switch. It is not right. There is L2 links between other switches. I may miss something. Thanks for your help in advance.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:33 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Why does NB not show the switch L2 links?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex001 View Post
One more question, when I discover a normal catalyst2950, drag and drop it to L2 map, it just show as an isolated switch. It is not right. There is L2 links between other switches. I may miss something. Thanks for your help in advance.

Alex,

Have you ever run the Server Benchmark since the switch was discovered? The reason I asked is that it seems NB did not have a chance to build the L2 connections. You can do a server benchmark to resolve this issue or you can just discover it again with the option: Rebuild L3 and L2 topology after discovery automatically checked.

Last edited by Gerry; 02-01-2013 at 04:04 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Why does NB not show the switch L2 links?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
Alex,

Have you ever run the Server Benchmark since the switch was discovered? The reason I asked is that it seems NB did not have a chance to build the L2 connections. You can do a server benchmark to resolve this issue or you can just discover it again with the option: Rebuild L3 and L2 topology after discovery automatically checked.

LOL, it worked!