Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product Mapping the Wireless Network

Old 05-22-2014, 03:23 PM

Default Mapping the Wireless Network

Hello,
I'm trying to create some topology maps that shows the relationship of the WLC and it's associated LWAP with the network. I can't seem to find a way to automate (or half-automate) this. I see the LWAP's and WLC in my workspace.
Thanks.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:56 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Mapping the Wireless Network

For Cisco WAP/WLC, NetBrain needs NDP/MAC tables to calculate L2 topology, please make sure the NetBrain network server have ICMP/CLI/SNMP access to these network devices, so it won’t encounter any problem retrieving these data.
However, if you are sure that the NetBrain have full access to your APs/WLC(You can verify by checking the benchmark logs for any failure). Can you help us get a better understanding of the problem? To further analyze the issue, please follow the steps shown below to create a Qmap including the data.

Step1: Create a Layer 2 map that you are having problem with. (please make sure the devices that along the L2 path are included on the map.)
Step3: Follow the steps 1-9 in snapshot below to save the *.qmap file and send it to NetBrain support team (support@netbraintech.com) .

Note: Please feel free to remove any sensitive data in the map and the map will be kept confidentially.

We will review the map and get back to you with our findings.