Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product L2 MPLS clouds...

Old 01-19-2010, 01:24 PM

Default L2 MPLS clouds...

So I have an interesting challenge. To date I have allowed NetBrain to use a generic network Icon and semantic to represent a Layer 2 MPLS cloud.

Recently though I deployed a new circuit that uses a different VLAN tag on on each endpoint. We have some continuity, but still a number of different VLAN tags.

Is there an accepted method to build this out in Netbrain to both capture the continuity of the L2 cloud (its a multi-point cloud) and to show the sometimes different VLAN tags used at the ingress points?

Let me know if you need me to flesh out any of the details...

Any insight is appreciated.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:18 PM

Default Re: L2 MPLS clouds...

From a layer 3 standpoint, netBrain does use a LAN segment to represent a Layer 2 MPLS cloud (VPLS for multipoints, EoMPLS for point-to-point) because CE to CE are interconnected via LAN (vlan or L3 interface).
But from a layer 2 standpoint, netBrain can't access to MPLS network to get any L2 data (CDP/ARP/MAC) from PE nodes, therefore, can't discover L2 connectivity between CE-CE.
There might be a way to visualize L2 MPLS cloud. User has to manually add the L2 connectivity between CEs and L2 mpls cloud. We might consider to add this feature in future release if doable.
I can't think any better way at this time to automatically create the L2 mpls cloud with the connectivity to CEs since there is no information about L2vpn from CE's configuration.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.