Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerOne-Skill-at-a-Time Objects with a lot of links

Old 08-05-2009, 06:57 PM

Default Objects with a lot of links

Well, I'm not sure if this counts as a feature request or a question, but here goes;

I have an ASA that acts as the central Layer 3 device in my local networks. When I map the ASA I have 40+ interfaces that all have stub class C networks that are fed by the ASA. When you map an object like this you end up with a big radial distribution of subnet objects with the interface details over writing each other.

Now even if I simplified a bit I'd have some 15-20 interfaces that we want on a map so we can find, map and troubleshoot the paths most of which will originate with an end station hanging off on of these subnet objects.

Is there a way to stack the objects and use a axis point on the line to bend the line allowing a more aesthetic view of the subnets? (I looked through the docs to no avail)

The ability to move the labels farther along the connector would be beneficial as well..

thoughts?
Old 08-05-2009, 11:44 PM

Default Re: Objects with a lot of links

Preview Qmap: "ASA Layout.qmap"

Hi:

There is a way to help you figure out this issue, please do the following steps:

1. Press F2 key to open up the View Options window.

2. Uncheck the items you do not like to display on the map, and I suggest you to disable the LAN/WAN name label. (Also, you can change the magnification so that to customize the displayed when zooming in/out a map.)

3. Uncheck the Show/Hide and layout labels automatically option to disable the auto-label-layout feature.

4. Layout the LAN icons and labels manually to a better location you want.

Note: a. Please save the map after layout, or you need to redo the steps again.
b. Do NOT use the Auto-Layout function, or it will layout the map to default view.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: qmap ASA Layout.qmap (59.3 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by David.C; 08-13-2009 at 09:29 PM.