Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product NetBrain Feature Request & Discussion

Old 11-21-2012, 08:42 PM
Administrator

Default Re: NetBrain Feature Request & Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegameiam View Post
Is there a way on a map to show the OSPF, ISIS, or EIGRP *cost* of all of the interfaces at the same time? I'd like to be able to take snapshots for before and after changes.
Sorry, I am afraid of the answer is no, but it is a real good suggestion, I would like to file a requirement case for Req dept. considering.

[NetBrain]We introduced Procedures in version 5.0, it can help you with these tasks.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:11 PM
Network_Guru

Default Qmap request for MPLS VC xconnect map

I am requesting Qmap creation from LDP VC info.
Background, we have built a large Ethernet-over-MPLS PE network.
There have been many VC's created and it is quite cumbersome to map all the VC's, even using an Excel spreadsheet.
I would like to be able to create a Qmap using the data from the following commands.

show mpls ldp neighbor
show mpls l2transport vc

As well as the X-connect info from the config.

Here's an example from one of our PE's or a few of the VC's:

PE01#show mpls l2transport vc
Local intf Local circuit Dest address VC ID Status
------------- -------------------------- --------------- ---------- ----------
Gi1/16.460 Eth VLAN 460 192.168.168.121 460 UP
Gi1/9.774 Eth VLAN 774 192.168.168.121 774 UP
Gi1/9.776 Eth VLAN 776 192.168.168.121 776 UP
Gi1/15.452 Eth VLAN 452 192.168.168.123 452 DOWN
Gi1/9.690 Eth VLAN 690 192.168.168.123 690 DOWN

This is the run config of each subinterface:

PE01#sh run | inc connect
xconnect 192.168.168.150 650 encapsulation mpls
xconnect 192.168.168.174 684 encapsulation mpls
xconnect 192.168.168.174 686 encapsulation mpls
xconnect 192.168.168.123 690 encapsulation mpls
xconnect 192.168.168.142 694 encapsulation mpls

Please advise if this is possible, if not then consider this a feature request.
[NetBrain]Out of the box, NetBrain don't understand L2 MPLS VPN yet. We introduced Procedure feature in version 5.0, it can help you with these tasks.I have escalated your request to our Automatic Procedure team, and created a case(#00005700, Title:Map virtual circuit for L2 MPLS VPN cloud) for tracking, they will evaluate the request, and decide how to proceed. Thank you!
Old 12-08-2013, 12:38 PM

FAR more intelligent L2 Auto-Layout with maybe a few generic choices like Top Down, Small, Med, Large, XXX-Large line and/or device spacing, Left to Right, etc. Also "Use schematic trace crossing" or "No link/line crossing", "Remove all links/lines" "intelligently add or re-add links based on current device layout" 99.999999999% of the time I spend with NetBrain is device and link/line layout.

Documentation on link/line layout! This is getting on my very last nerve. There's NO rhyme or reason to how or why NB chooses a 2 break line vs a 4 break line...and once that choice has been made, ITS MADE and there's nothing that can be done. Many times, NB will choose a 4 break and my god are those time consuming and painful to deal with. When 2 breaks are brought together ONE SHOULD GO AWAY.

A way to zoom with a trackpad and a way to customize zoom properties. I would like my mouse wheel (forward, backward, left, right) to scroll the map by default, NOT ZOOM. I would like to ctrl+mouse wheel to zoom.

[NetBrain]The requests have been supported in NetBrain OEv5.4G1 release.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Old email based feature request being put here for tracking.

Regex patterns in searches for names:

^r == find all routers
^s == find all routers
^(r|s)XX == find all routers and switches at site code XX
n$ == find all Nortel switches

[NetBrain]Thank you for your input, your request have been submitted to our product management team.(Case#00001359)

Please! Please! Please! Please!

It is very frustrating that when I search for a single letter (per our naming convention, that is at the beginning or the end of a hostname) and I get every hostname that contains that same letter.

P.S.
I guess I can try to have the organization change all of its policies and procedures just to accommodate. ( yes this is sarcasm)
Old 06-21-2014, 07:11 PM

Feature Request: Templating, and Predictive modeling

This would greatly enhance the change control module as well as increase its value to the customer.

As far as Templating. There are already some great choices out there for templating, Ansible (agentless), Chef, and Puppet to name the more well-known ones. So no need to reinvent the wheel; integration or a plugin with one of these programs would be a great advantage. I realize Netbrain has Qapp, but the one thing it lacks is the templating feature. The more we humans interact, the more chances for mistakes. The benefit of parsing the variables and applying them with already established code via templates would greatly decrease the probability of mistakes made by fat fingers or poor judgement.

Predictive modeling. The ability to see the effects of changes prior to applying them to production. The chance to nullify mistakes, inherently prove changes before deployment, and along with Netbrain’s documentation; a trifecta for any executive that must deal with auditors.

Last edited by wdstoneahm; 06-21-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdstoneahm View Post
Feature Request: Templating, and Predictive modeling

This would greatly enhance the change control module as well as increase its value to the customer.

As far as Templating. There are already some great choices out there for templating, Ansible (agentless), Chef, and Puppet to name the more well-known ones. So no need to reinvent the wheel; integration or a plugin with one of these programs would be a great advantage. I realize Netbrain has Qapp, but the one thing it lacks is the templating feature. The more we humans interact, the more chances for mistakes. The benefit of parsing the variables and applying them with already established code via templates would greatly decrease the probability of mistakes made by fat fingers or poor judgement.

Predictive modeling. The ability to see the effects of changes prior to applying them to production. The chance to nullify mistakes, inherently prove changes before deployment, and along with Netbrain’s documentation; a trifecta for any executive that must deal with auditors.
Hi,

Thanks for your input, we created a feature request(Case#9442) in our system ticket system to track. The Product Management team will evaluate them.

Thanks
Old 06-25-2014, 09:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdstoneahm View Post
Please! Please! Please! Please!

It is very frustrating that when I search for a single letter (per our naming convention, that is at the beginning or the end of a hostname) and I get every hostname that contains that same letter.

P.S.
I guess I can try to have the organization change all of its policies and procedures just to accommodate. ( yes this is sarcasm)
[NetBrain] NetBrain should support to search by ^ and $:
•^ means matching first string, e.g. ^router
•$ means matching last string, e.g. nb_router$
If you run into some issues about this, please send email to support@netbraintech.com, thanks.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:29 PM

How about support for newer equipment. I have 3850's in my network, and netbrain will pretty much only detect the device, and not provide any useful information beyond that. Assuming this is a MIB issue.

Bryan
Old 01-06-2015, 12:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhefner View Post
How about support for newer equipment. I have 3850's in my network, and netbrain will pretty much only detect the device, and not provide any useful information beyond that. Assuming this is a MIB issue.

Bryan
Hi Bryan,

Are the devices discovered as unclassified devices? If yes, please add the SysObjectID to the vendor model and rediscover the devices to fix the issue, see steps below:

NB uses the vendor model table to indentify the device type/vendor/model. We can customize them by changing the corresponding entries.

1. Right click the device which you want to change, and choose Properties to open the Properties window.

2. Copy the sysObjectID in the Properties window.

3. Go to the Vendor Model table to change the corresponding entry. Navigate to the Ribbon menu, switch to the Workspace page, and click the Vendor Model button to open the Vendor Model table. Press Ctrl +F to look up the entry you just copied. Click Add button to add a new entry if it cannot be searched.

4. Double click the entry to open the Vendor Model Definition window, change the Device type/vendor/model to match the user's requirements.

Note: The driver/icon will be changed automatically when you change the device type.

5. Remove the device from workspace and then rediscover or benchmark the devices to deploy the change.

Can you also post the SysObjectID here so that we can add it in our database.

Thanks
Gerry
Old 01-06-2015, 09:10 AM

Gerry,

Thanks for the help. OID is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1880. This is for a ws-c3850-12s switch.

Bryan