Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product Simple host mapping question

Old 09-25-2018, 02:09 PM

Default Simple host mapping question

NetBrain IE 7.1a. Am trying to add all the hosts from a specific subnet into a network drawing. I'm able to bring up the devices using the "Search for device..." field in the upper right and entering the CIDR address for the subnet. The problem is that the network is actually broken into domains by building, and I only want to see the hosts that connect to the network devices in a specific building, not all the devices on the subnet. Is there another way to do this easily? I can go through each switch, one by one, choosing the interface neighbors that match the network address I'm looking for, but there's lots of potential for error this way.

It seems like there are filter commands that can be used in that search field that might help. Anyone have a list?
Old 09-27-2018, 11:56 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Simple host mapping question

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielshorn View Post
NetBrain IE 7.1a. Am trying to add all the hosts from a specific subnet into a network drawing. I'm able to bring up the devices using the "Search for device..." field in the upper right and entering the CIDR address for the subnet. The problem is that the network is actually broken into domains by building, and I only want to see the hosts that connect to the network devices in a specific building, not all the devices on the subnet. Is there another way to do this easily? I can go through each switch, one by one, choosing the interface neighbors that match the network address I'm looking for, but there's lots of potential for error this way.

It seems like there are filter commands that can be used in that search field that might help. Anyone have a list?
NetBrain supports dynamic search to put devices into device groups. you can create a new device group and make use of the search criteria(such as filter by hostname, IP, location..) to only drag the interested devices in and then map the device group.
How to create a device group: https://www.netbraintech.com/ftp/IE7...vice-group.htm
Dynamic search: https://www.netbraintech.com/ftp/IE7...m#device-group