Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product Missing route to 172.16.9.0/24

Old 07-26-2013, 02:44 PM

Default Missing route to 172.16.9.0/24

In our network environment, we have three major IGPs. We run RIP, OSPF and EIGRP. Recently we found that none of the routers running OSPF can see the route to 172.16.9.0/24 in their routing table. 172.16.9.0/24 is the IP address of the loopback0 interface of SW3 which is running EIGRP. We checked the redistribution point, which is R6, and we checked all redistribution policies on it. We havenít found any policy that blocks this route. We really want to make this IP address reachable.

Solution:
http://info.netbraintech.com/rs/netbrain/images/Lab 01 Ticket 02.pdf
Old 07-29-2013, 11:20 AM
ankit.thakrar

Default Re: Missing route to 172.16.9.0/24

The requirement is to get the missing route. The solution provided doesn't satisfy the requirement as you removed the stub feature which is not required. As per my knowledge below will also work

router eigrp 10
no eigrp stub static

My solution

router eigrp 10
no eigrp stub static
eigrp stub
Old 08-05-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.thakrar View Post
The requirement is to get the missing route. The solution provided doesn't satisfy the requirement as you removed the stub feature which is not required. As per my knowledge below will also work

router eigrp 10
no eigrp stub static

My solution

router eigrp 10
no eigrp stub static
eigrp stub

Hi Ankit, thank you for your reply.

Yes, your solution is working as well. Actually there are many working solutions, and the one provided is just one of them. As you may know, the root cause of the missing route is that SW3 doesn't advertise any connected route to his EIGRP neighbors. As long as we focus on letting SW3 keep advertising the connected routes, we got the point. In terms of the stub feature and summary routes, you can of course keep all of them.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:50 PM
ankit.thakrar

Thanks Qi. You are right our goal was to provide missing route but removing eigrp stub static removes the router which is configured as stub which is not correct that is the reason i put back eigrp stub so the feature still exist and we get the missing route.