Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product NetBrain Server supporting UDP Traceroute?

Old 03-12-2014, 04:17 PM

Default NetBrain Server supporting UDP Traceroute?

When I ask NetBrain to map out a path between itself and a Cisco Switch or Router, the return path shows as failed. When I run a WireShark capture on the NetBrain server (Win 2012) I see the UDP based request hit the server, but no reply is sent back.

Anyone know how to solve this? (I've seen few Google posts that reference having to turn OFF the windows firewall altogether, that just allowing the 33434-33435 UDP range is not enough) I don't have the permissions to try to disable the firewall, but at least confirmed that adding rule support had no affect.)

Nick
Old 03-12-2014, 11:49 PM
Administrator

Default Re: NetBrain Server supporting UDP Traceroute?

Hi nellson,

Thank you for contacting us.
The major problem is that Windows Firewall blocked the UDP packet from Traceroute source.

It's a greater range than UDP 33434-33435. 33434 is the starting point. Each hop will increment both the TTL and the port number. So please use 33434 to 33464 as your range.

[NetBrain]Case#00007452
Old 04-01-2014, 11:16 AM

Default Re: NetBrain Server supporting UDP Traceroute?

So I have the following in my windows firewall. (see attached) but a traceroute from a Cisco Switch to the NetBrain VM still fails to complete.

(Sorry, did not realize this was answered here, thought the forum would notify me via e-mail)
Attached Images
File Type: png NetBrain Traceroute.PNG (20.7 KB, 3 views)