Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product FAQ: How can I make a new vendor/model available in NetBrain Workstation?

Old 01-24-2010, 11:42 PM

Default FAQ: How can I make a new vendor/model available in NetBrain Workstation?

I have a Nortel device, how do I import it into a workspace and use it?
Old 01-25-2010, 12:51 AM

Default Re: How can I make a new vendor/model available in NetBrain Workstation?

Import a Nortel device as an unclassified device manually, and define the related vendor/model value in the Vendor&Model table.

To add an unclassified device

1. Right-click the Unclassified Device node in the Workspace pane and then select the Add Device Manually menu. The Add Unclassified Device window opens.

2. Input the device name, management IP address, and SNMP RO string.
3. Click the SNMP Get button to retrieve the interface information if the device is SNMP-accessible. Or, add the L3/L2 interface information manually by clicking the Add button.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:52 AM

Default Re: How can I make a new vendor/model available in NetBrain Workstation?

In order to support a vendor/model in network discovery and monitoring, please make sure the vendor and model values have already been defined in the Workspace Pane > Vendor Model Settings > Vendor&Model table first. If there are no corresponding values in the table, add it manually.

To define vendor and model values
1. Open the Vendor&Model table. Right-click the ID column of the table and then select the Add record menu.
2. Input the values as follows:

With the retrieved sysObjectID, NetBrain Workstation matches that value from the Vendor&model table to identify the device type, and set corresponding parameters for the device.

Note: All sysObjectIDs have a same prefix value 1.3.6.1.4.1., so ignore this prefix and input the rest of the value only.