Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product NetBrain Feature Request & Discussion

Old 01-09-2015, 08:25 AM

Default Re: NetBrain Feature Request & Discussion

Having some issues with the site mapping function. For some reason, when I select Map Site, it will not include all the devices for that site in the map, even though the site manager has all of the devices listed. If you view the L2 map, it does the same thing. It will not list all of the Layer 2 devices and will not interconnect these devices. You can see what I am talking about in the first three images.

I am having this issue with multiple sites, however I noticed that all of these sites are using the latest Cisco devices. All of the sites that are using older equipment seem to map out just fine.

Lastly, I am looking to build physical drawings of each site, however netbrain seems to be too complex for this. On the sites that it does build out completely, it will connect all the access layer switches on one vlan. I am looking to have the sites mapped out via the physical interface connections. I built a sample of what I am looking for and attached that as well. Considering Netbrain uses CDP information to build site topologies, I am assuming that this is just a function that I haven't figured out yet.
Attached Images
File Type: png netbrain2.png (62.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: png Netbrain1.png (45.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png netbrain3.png (17.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: png netbrain4.png (33.6 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by bkhefner; 01-12-2015 at 08:48 AM.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhefner View Post
Gerry,

Thanks for the help. OID is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1880. This is for a ws-c3850-12s switch.

Bryan
Thanks Bryan, I updated it in our database.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:14 PM

Any info on my latest request above?
Old 04-08-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robvanhooren View Post
- Layer 2 mapping
- Routing, ARP, CDP, MAC tables

http://forums.netbraintech.com/showthread.php?t=869

[NetBrain]Layer 2 mapping has been supported in v4.1 version.
L2 mapping from a MAC address table (Learned L2 forwarding path in a layered switch environment is not a feature today. Only L3 path mapping exists.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:38 AM

Netbrain only picks up one of my peered firewalls, and not the other. I would like to see the physical connection of both firewalls in my network, not shown as only one firewall. It also only displays the latest IP for the firewall that it finds, so if I am trying to trace network path out, and the secondary firewall is the IP listed for that peered firewall, it will not be able to find that interface. lastly, Netbrain does not seem to pull the routing table from the firewall, so I am unable to trace network traffic past the firewall.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhefner View Post
Netbrain only picks up one of my peered firewalls, and not the other. I would like to see the physical connection of both firewalls in my network, not shown as only one firewall. It also only displays the latest IP for the firewall that it finds, so if I am trying to trace network path out, and the secondary firewall is the IP listed for that peered firewall, it will not be able to find that interface. lastly, Netbrain does not seem to pull the routing table from the firewall, so I am unable to trace network traffic past the firewall.
Hi,

What is type of this firewall? Could you send us the Qmap with data to eamil support@netbraintech.com? Please also send us the command result to show the HA status and routing table.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:53 PM

Any support for Nexus FEX architecture? How about Catalyst 3750/3850 stacks, Catalyst 6800 stacks, etc?

I'm referring to the ability to create L2 maps and reports that indicate the ports that a FEX is connected to and/or to show the individual stack members in a catalyst switch group.

Last edited by rcervantez; 10-13-2015 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:00 PM

If there is no way to do this is would be nice if after doing a search the results could be exported to a spreadsheet or some sort of report.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:44 AM

Are there any plans to add additional supported CLI commands when you run CLI from a map. I would love to be able to do a DIR and move around in the directory structure.

Thanks
Old 04-21-2016, 01:43 AM

I love what's been done at Layer 3 and with Qapps but it feels like Layer 2 mapping has been neglected. I'd love to see improvements on this.

1. Trunk & physical member mapping: I see this on Procurve especially. Netbrain maps the physical ports & then a separate link for the trunk. The physical ports will show correct vlan info but the trunk always just shows 'vlans all' in the notes. I'd like to see either:
a. A link for the trunk that shows correct vlans & shows port membership.
or b. Links for the physical ports with a label showing them as being a member of a trunk.

2. HA mapping. This has been mentioned by others. Almost everyone installs HA pairs for their firewalls. When I do a map, I have to export it to a Visio & manually create them & then manually add these Visios to my documentation. If I create the 2nd firewall manually (or create the ports manually) things go all wonky where Netbrain starts marking the passive unit as active. Many times Netbrain doesn't want to pull info from the passive firewall. I've seen this with Palo Alto and Fortinet.

3. Transparent bridged mode / vWire: I realize this is more a Layer 1 thing but it would be nice if Netbrain would map these. I haven't figured out how to force Netbrain to put them in so I have to export to Visio and manually do it. I have a client that is about to install 45 firewalls all in vWire and the mapping is already making my head hurt.

4. Mapping from the MAC table. This has also been requested. I see this issue most with security devices like firewalls that either don't support LLDP or only allow it one way (it broadcasts LLDP requests but doesn't answer them).

Regards,

Matt