Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product Need to map end devices

Old 04-05-2013, 04:09 PM

Default Need to map end devices

Hi,

We just installed NetBrain. We have endpoint devices (windows boxes) which have SNMP credentials. How can I get NetBrain to discover these? When I do a site discovery, these devices do not show up. Thanks!
Old 04-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Need to map end devices

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtsao View Post
Hi,

We just installed NetBrain. We have endpoint devices (windows boxes) which have SNMP credentials. How can I get NetBrain to discover these? When I do a site discovery, these devices do not show up. Thanks!
U can set the snmp strings properly in Netbrain(Shared Network Settings or Live Network Settings) first, then discover the windows pc ip addresses, they should be listed on the left Workspace pane. Or you can discover the access-layer switch and run a system benchmark to build the L2 topo, and then filter the windows ip addresses in One-IP Table (L2 TopologyOne-IP Table), drag and drop the entry to map them in L2 page.
Thanks
Old 02-07-2017, 11:04 AM

i have related question to this one. Is it possible discover end point devices without SNMP? Lets say i can add from file end device list (with names, IPs, interfaces) and run some algorithm like if those IPs not answer to ping they can be deleted after regenerating map. Or any other way?
Old 02-07-2017, 10:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandreyy View Post
i have related question to this one. Is it possible discover end point devices without SNMP? Lets say i can add from file end device list (with names, IPs, interfaces) and run some algorithm like if those IPs not answer to ping they can be deleted after regenerating map. Or any other way?
You can try to import the End System via a CSV file. And then you can tune the End systems and remove them whose are not ping-able. See below:

Old 02-08-2017, 01:33 AM

hi, thanks for replay. I know this way for importing end devices, but i need automatic process for removing them from map when they are unavailable (not responding to ping).
Old 02-08-2017, 09:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
hi, thanks for replay. I know this way for importing end devices, but i need automatic process for removing them from map when they are unavailable (not responding to ping).
Sorry, there is no automatic process. but you may try this way: You can tune the End devices firstly, then remove them whose are not ping-able from workspace. Then use the System Benchmark Auto update Map feature to update the maps. The update map feature will remove the devices from map. Server Workspace webpage>Schedule Task>System Benchmark>System Benchmark Properties>Auto update map.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:49 AM

maybe something can be possible to do using QAPP?
Old 02-26-2017, 08:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
maybe something can be possible to do using QAPP?
Sorry, Qapp does not support to do it.