Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product General Approach to Failed Pathing?

Old 12-06-2016, 02:56 PM

Default General Approach to Failed Pathing?

If I hop onto Router A and run a traceroute to Router B - it traverses several hops and finds its target. If I try to use the path tool in netbrain it falls apart after a single hop complaining "No matching entries found for destination IP (router B address) in Routing Table Path failed: No next hop IP and output interface found. What would be the best way to debug this type of path tool failure?

Last edited by netbmed; 12-06-2016 at 03:00 PM.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:03 AM
Administrator

Default Re: General Approach to Failed Pathing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by netbmed View Post
If I hop onto Router A and run a traceroute to Router B - it traverses several hops and finds its target. If I try to use the path tool in netbrain it falls apart after a single hop complaining "No matching entries found for destination IP (router B address) in Routing Table Path failed: No next hop IP and output interface found. What would be the best way to debug this type of path tool failure?
Through the error message, I suspect that the device has live access issue.
Normally, you can find out some problems by looking at the Path log. After the A-B path calculating, click the curved path of this device to view the device log. The path log provides the detailed information and show the processing logic for each hop used in the path analysis profile. You can use the LEFT or RIGHT key on your keyboard to view the analysis log generated for the last/next hop.
By analyzing the path log, if you determine this is a live access problem. You can try to use the “Tune live access” function to debug live access issue first. Then calculate the A-B path again.
If the issue still exists, you can also save the current Qmap and sent it to support@netbratintech.com. One of our engineer would like to help you as soon as possible.