Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product How to update the ::Current Baseline

Old 06-01-2010, 10:17 AM

Default How to update the ::Current Baseline

I know this has to be something I am overlooking so hopefully someone can shed light on it for me.

Last week I added a pair of core switches which have over 25 other switches connected physically, all of which are within NetBrain. When I look at the device settings and check device everything appears to be working with no errors. However the ::Current Baseline does not have a CDP or MAC table for the core or the access layer switches. I can Retrieve Live data and then both CDP and MAC show in local default but I still can not extent neighbors to show all of the access layer switches.

Running a Benchmark against this device group also seems to update my local default only. I think this is why everything is not linking properly on the map, a lot of physical connections are missing.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:16 PM

Default Re: How to update the ::Current Baseline

You need to do a server benchmark with L3/l2 rebuilt.
As you did, the benchmark running from the local OEWS will save the data to local datafolder only, and the L2 topo is for the whole network and the data is saved in OEES server. So if the server ran a benchmark for the whole network, and auto rebuilt both L3/L2 topo, you from the client OEWS will see the physical connections between the core and access switches in a L2 map.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:53 PM

Default Re: How to update the ::Current Baseline

I will give that a try tonight and see if everything connects tomorrow. Thanks.