Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerOne-Skill-at-a-Time Mapping unmanaged switches

Old 12-23-2016, 02:46 PM

Default Mapping unmanaged switches

How do I properly add unmanaged switch to a L2 map? Currently I am just getting multiple device links mapped from one port on the closest managed switch which obviously doesn't reflect the actual L2 path. If I could get these unmanaged switches added, do they count against my available licenses? Since it has no IP would Netbrain even know it's a switch?
Old 12-25-2016, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Mapping unmanaged switches

Quote:
Originally Posted by abouas View Post
How do I properly add unmanaged switch to a L2 map? Currently I am just getting multiple device links mapped from one port on the closest managed switch which obviously doesn't reflect the actual L2 path. If I could get these unmanaged switches added, do they count against my available licenses? Since it has no IP would Netbrain even know it's a switch?
NetBrain allows customer to manually add Generic Devices (L3) into your workspace , and it will take a node licence.
Please refer to below links:
https://www.netbraintech.com/ftp/EE62/OnlineHelp/index.html?adding_generic_devices.htm
But it can only show some L3 links, because NetBrain does not have enough information to calculate the L2 connection. NetBrain needs to use the NDP table/MAC+ARP table to calculate the connections.

You can also export the configuration files of these switches and add their own management addresses. Use the Import Configuration feature of NetBrain to add these devices manuall. And then import the ARP, NDP and MAC information of these switches separately.The operation is cumbersome.

We recommend configuring these switches with a management IP address, and discovering these devices into NetBrain workspace automaticlly.