Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product NetBrain OE 4.1 New Feature: Management Interface Selection Order

Old 03-19-2012, 12:56 AM

Default NetBrain OE 4.1 New Feature: Management Interface Selection Order

To control what type of interfaces should be first selected as management interfaces for polling, enter the interface type below. NetBrain will automatically reset the management IP for every device in the workspace following the order defined here.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:27 PM

Default Re: NetBrain OE 4.1 New Feature: Management Interface Selection Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
NetBrain will automatically reset the management IP for every device in the workspace
On existing installs? So when I upgrade and fill in this field the next discovery or tune up the interface order will change to my new defined order?

Last edited by Erick; 03-22-2012 at 05:28 PM. Reason: fix typo
Old 03-23-2012, 04:42 AM

Yes, it's already available in OEV4.1. After you have filled in this field, you need to click the Apply button and NetBrain will reset the management IP addresses instantly. So you don't need to rediscover or tune up to make it effective.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:18 AM

Eddy, I had the interface selection order set and post discovery (total wipe of all old data) I noticed several routers were set as interfaces not following the selection order. After hitting apply on the selection order and looking again the devices have loopbacks as the mgmt interface. Any ideas why a discovery did not automatically add the device with lo0 as the mgmt int? Do I need to hit apply on a regular basis to make sure newly discovered devices are modeled correctly?
Old 04-06-2012, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Eddy, I had the interface selection order set and post discovery (total wipe of all old data) I noticed several routers were set as interfaces not following the selection order. After hitting apply on the selection order and looking again the devices have loopbacks as the mgmt interface. Any ideas why a discovery did not automatically add the device with lo0 as the mgmt int? Do I need to hit apply on a regular basis to make sure newly discovered devices are modeled correctly?
In OEV4.1, the selection order will not affect the live discovery process. That is to say, if new devices are added to the Workspace, you still need to click the Apply button to adjust MGMT IP address order for them. We already have a plan of integrating the MGMT IP selection order into the live discovery process. And we are evaluating the plan. I will let you know when this feature is available.