Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product Proxy appliance timeouts?

Old 03-18-2010, 11:02 PM

Default Proxy appliance timeouts?

I've recently set up a DAP and EAP, and the proxy appliance service keeps quitting after about 10 minutes - I'll rdp into the EAP and start it manually, and it'll work for a while, but my workstation client eventually gets the "disconnected" message. Is there a configuration step I'm missing?
Old 04-06-2010, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Proxy appliance timeouts?

The NetBrain workstation (nbws) connects to Proxy eAP on tcp port #9099 by default. Here are some possible reasons for the timeout:
1. Since Proxy AP v2.0 is running as an application in eAP server, an administrator must login to the eAP Windows server, start the Proxy application and leave the session on. If you RDC into the server, started proxy AP, then logoff RDC, the proxy service will be killed.
2. There might be a firewall in between Proxy eAP and nbws, with a session timeout set to 10 minutes, so if nbws is idle for more than 10 minutes, the connection will timeout and the error message will popup. But nbws will be reconnected to Proxy eAP automatically during the next attempt.

To resolve the timeout issue, please upgrade the Proxy server to the latest version 3.0 (released on 4/2/2010) which is running as a Windows' service, and can be set to auto start when server powers up. So the proxy service will always stay up and running.
Feel free to contact support@netbraintehc.com for the free upgrade.

Thanks.