Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product NetBrain Feature Request & Discussion

Old 01-04-2011, 10:59 AM

Default Re: NetBrain Feature Request & Discussion

I would like to request 2 improvements to ALL options to export data to CSV.
1. Excel 2007 and later can support up to a million rows, so it would be very useful to be able to stop the splitting of files when the data is exported from inventory reports, OneIPTables and anywhere else Netbrain creates .csv files.
2. Sometimes the data exported to .csv files contains imbedded commas (for example interface descriptions), for these text fields it would be very useful to have the option to replace commas with space, or make the fields quoted, so that the data ends up in the right columns when read by excel.

[NetBrain]Thank you for your input, your request have been submitted to our product management team.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:29 AM

Rick,

Thanks for the request. We will consider this in our next release.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:17 AM

Could you add a couple of Mailto: links in the web interface and/or on the OE client: One link to send email to all registered users and a second link to send to all active users?

You have all the email address for registered users from the add a user info. This would provide quick and relatively simple option to aid in collaboration/informaiton sharing among users of specific Netbrain OE gateways.

[NetBrain]Thank you for your input, your request have been submitted to our product management team.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:36 PM

I'd like to be able to pre-define the management IP of devices, or create some logic such that "loopback 0, if it exists, is always the management ip of a router or switch."

[NetBrain]Thank you for your input, the requirement for management IP selection has been supported in V4.1a.(Case#00001700)
Old 01-14-2011, 11:22 AM

I would like to see more advanced configuration file syntax checkers - for instance, instead of ignoring "int eth0," I would like to have this flagged as "not imported." Additionally, if there are errors of subnetting or other syntax, I would like those to get kicked out or identified: an example is:

ip prefix-list TEST seq 5 permit 10.10.10.4/29

The above is not a valid statement, and an actual Cisco router will rewrite that to "ip prefix-list TEST seq 5 permit 10.10.10.0/29."

Similar issues apply to masks in OSPF area ranges, BGP networks, etc.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:15 PM

I'd like to be able to make maps where instead of just highlighting the routing protocols, I'd like to include the cost of the link. Is there an easy way to do this with OSPF?

[NetBrain]We introduced Procedures feature in version 5.0, it can help you with these kinds of tasks.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:43 PM

Old email based feature request being put here for tracking.

Regex patterns in searches for names:

^r == find all routers
^s == find all routers
^(r|s)XX == find all routers and switches at site code XX
n$ == find all Nortel switches

[NetBrain]Thank you for your input, your request have been submitted to our product management team.(Case#00001359)

Last edited by Erick; 03-09-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:47 PM

Ability to exclude device types ... example: wireless. I see no reason to count those in License count if they are all managed by WLC.

[NetBrain]Current version has the ability to exclude specific type of devices from license node.

Last edited by Erick; 03-09-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:51 PM

9) I am looking for a way to take several qmap files I have generated and have them updated automatically and exported to GIF or PDF files. Any way to do this?
- current version canít auto update/export. I filed a new request on exporting to PDF file.

Automation is very big around here, having a "cron" type job to update maps is a topic that I keep getting asked about.

[NetBrain]Currently we don't support PDF export, your request have been submitted to our product management team.(Case#00001088)
Old 03-09-2011, 03:51 PM

Old email based feature request, putting here for tracking

10) Along the same lines, some way to generate daily email with all of the config diffs for the last 24 hours.
- very good suggestion, and I already filed the new feature request.

[NetBrain]Thank you for your input, your request have been submitted to our product management team.(Case#00001177)