Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product NetBrain OE 4.1 New Feature: Workspace Manager Replace old Discovery Reports

Old 03-07-2012, 11:43 PM

Default NetBrain OE 4.1 New Feature: Workspace Manager Replace old Discovery Reports

• The discovery reports have been improved so that administrators can better tune the shared workspace:
  • More data fields (e.g. discovery time and method)
  • More tables (e.g. New Devices, Missed Devices)
  • More reasons for failed discovery (e.g. username/password mismatch, incorrect privilege password)
Old 03-22-2012, 05:23 PM

Default Re: NetBrain OE 4.1 New Feature: Workspace Manager Replace old Discovery Reports

I see this new report being really helpful.

As you add these are they included in the current public release or is that a planned version? IE, how do I make sure the version I install has the feature enabled before I go through the upgrade?

Edit: I would love to see a way to have the screen scrape Eddy shows (or the cvs ourput) sent as an email in an automated fashion.

Last edited by Erick; 03-22-2012 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Add idea
Old 03-23-2012, 05:09 AM

Default Re: NetBrain OE 4.1 New Feature: Workspace Manager Replace old Discovery Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
I see this new report being really helpful.

As you add these are they included in the current public release or is that a planned version? IE, how do I make sure the version I install has the feature enabled before I go through the upgrade?

Edit: I would love to see a way to have the screen scrape Eddy shows (or the cvs ourput) sent as an email in an automated fashion.
They are included in the current public release, as you can see from the thread name---"NetBrain OE 4.1 New Feature"

As your thought of sending automated emails, do you mean that after each discovery, allow NetBrain to automatically send an email to you to include all these CSV files (like Unknown IP report, New devices report, Missed Devices report, etc.)?
Old 03-23-2012, 09:52 AM

I was asking about versions because it appeared in the past that a May 4.0 release was different then an August 4.0 release is all.

Sending the emails after a discovery would be a good idea. Some way to get the output in an automated fashion, something that feeds users rather then forcing them to dig for the output. That would make problems & issues more likely to be fixed within the tool.