Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product NetBrain Feature Request & Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2019, 10:09 PM
NetBrainTAC NetBrainTAC is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 505
Default Re: NetBrain Feature Request & Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
I would like to strongly suggest that we have a Read Only role for NetBrain. Perhaps for 7.1a, have a patch that will add such a feature. This would prove most useful for group that have no need to create or manipulate maps. They should also not have any access to QAPPS, GAPPS or any other part of net Brain. Just to view the shared maps that has been created and either print to PDF or export to Visio.
Hi,

Thanks for your valuable feedback, this feature will be tracked by case 105589.
The Product Management team will evaluate and decide how to proceed, we will keep you posted.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:02 AM
Thol Thol is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 1
Default Re: NetBrain Feature Request & Discussion

Hello,


I need to create a driver connector for GIAI (CheckPOint) using a snmp context like this :

snmpwalk -v 3 -a MD5 -A 'foo' -u fish -l authNoPriv -n ctxname_vsid2 device_name OID


the context id can be get with this OID : 1.3.6.1.4.1.2620.1.16.22.1.1.1


but how i can modify the python object : snmpinfo to add the context arguments ?


if you don't use a context, you will poll only the main box appliance, not the VSX.



Thanks for any response.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 02:24 AM
NetBrainTAC NetBrainTAC is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 505
Default Re: NetBrain Feature Request & Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thol View Post
Hello,


I need to create a driver connector for GIAI (CheckPOint) using a snmp context like this :

snmpwalk -v 3 -a MD5 -A 'foo' -u fish -l authNoPriv -n ctxname_vsid2 device_name OID


the context id can be get with this OID : 1.3.6.1.4.1.2620.1.16.22.1.1.1


but how i can modify the python object : snmpinfo to add the context arguments ?


if you don't use a context, you will poll only the main box appliance, not the VSX.



Thanks for any response.
Thol,

Thanks for your post.
For this specific request, would it be possible that you to submit a ticket or send an email to support@netbraintech.com? This way, our support engineers will be able to track the case and help you more efficiently.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:47 AM
MRoberts MRoberts is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2
Default Re: NetBrain Feature Request & Discussion

My first feature request is to provide support in these forums for a separate channel structure. With the current single channel, it can make it troublesome to find things and provide clarity on reading areas of interest.

A good example is the creation of a Feature Request section. With this FR method being part of a single thread, it is not conducive to constructive feedback and discussion on each FR submitted. For example, I am about to add a second post to this thread, which other users may want to discuss, giving differing opinions, adding support or suggestions to implement.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:54 AM
MRoberts MRoberts is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2
Default Re: NetBrain Feature Request & Discussion

The user taggin feature within the various Note popouts, notably the Runbook entries is really useful and we recommend this feature to everyone we demonstrate NetBrain to.

There is a Free Text Runbook action, which is a great method to allow a user to collate their investigations into a single thread within the runbook process. However, it is not possible to @other users, which I feel is something which would be of benefit.

For example, if a 1st tier engineer has processed a 3 step runbook, they could add within each action's Note section their findings for each and maybe @ a colleague.

What I feel would be better here, is that this 1st tier engineer adds the single Free Text action and writes up there findings to date i.e.

@BobSmith - I have performed the first triage analysis and as you can see from the above data collected I am not seeing anything of concern. I am handing over to you to continue the investigation

Thanks

Mark
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:22 AM
NetBrainTAC NetBrainTAC is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 505
Default Re: NetBrain Feature Request & Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRoberts View Post
My first feature request is to provide support in these forums for a separate channel structure. With the current single channel, it can make it troublesome to find things and provide clarity on reading areas of interest.

A good example is the creation of a Feature Request section. With this FR method being part of a single thread, it is not conducive to constructive feedback and discussion on each FR submitted. For example, I am about to add a second post to this thread, which other users may want to discuss, giving differing opinions, adding support or suggestions to implement.
Hi MRoberts,
Thanks for your valuable suggestions. we are in the process of building a new forum and will take the Feature Request section into consideration.

Thanks,
Gerry
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:43 AM
NetBrainTAC NetBrainTAC is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 505
Default Re: NetBrain Feature Request & Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRoberts View Post
The user taggin feature within the various Note popouts, notably the Runbook entries is really useful and we recommend this feature to everyone we demonstrate NetBrain to.

There is a Free Text Runbook action, which is a great method to allow a user to collate their investigations into a single thread within the runbook process. However, it is not possible to @other users, which I feel is something which would be of benefit.

For example, if a 1st tier engineer has processed a 3 step runbook, they could add within each action's Note section their findings for each and maybe @ a colleague.

What I feel would be better here, is that this 1st tier engineer adds the single Free Text action and writes up there findings to date i.e.

@BobSmith - I have performed the first triage analysis and as you can see from the above data collected I am not seeing anything of concern. I am handing over to you to continue the investigation

Thanks

Mark
Mark,
Thanks for your detail description of the suggestion. I submitted a Feature Request on behalf of you under your account in our ticket system and will let you know once it is implemented.

case#00108889

Thanks,
Gerry
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:11 AM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright 2009 NetBrain, Inc. All rights reserved.