Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product Add to device group / batch export

Old 05-26-2010, 12:40 PM

Default Add to device group / batch export

I had a request to show all the IP phones at a certain site. So I mapped that site and let it discover it. I now have a map which lists all of the IP phones but can't find an easy way to pass the data back in a test file, CSV would be perfect.

I found if I CTRL-click (VERY time consuming) all of the phones I can add them to the site device group. Is there an easier way then ctrl-click? IE, auto select all device type IP phone on the current map? The device type in device group properties does not work because it shows all of the thousands of phones, not just the ones at the site in question.

Once I have the phones listed I need a way to export that data. For end systems I can right click and batch export. But IP phones type is missing the batch export. Is there a way to add that or some other method?
Old 05-26-2010, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Add to device group / batch export

Try "Shift-Click" which will select all devices with same device-type.
To create a report for a group of devices, right click that "device group" > Properties > Export
To create reports for all devices, from workspace menu > Asset Report, you'll get 3 csv files with all details on all devices.
Hope it helps.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:00 PM

Shift-click works perfectly, thanks.

The export entire device group does work so that fills my needs for now. It seems like the logic is in the code to "Batch export" the IP phones since it is there for end systems so I wonder why that is not implemented. It would be quicker since I would not have to go edit the CSV file and delete all non-IP phones.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:37 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, we'll consider to add it to our future release.