Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product I need help to generate a network diagram by linking data from excel sheet

Old 04-25-2013, 02:17 PM

Default I need help to generate a network diagram by linking data from excel sheet

I need help to generate a network diagram by linking data from excel sheet.

I have data ready in excel sheet, but i want to generate a Visio Diagram using the data present in the excel sheet.

If somebody can help me in this regard, it is appreciated.

BR
Vishal
Old 04-26-2013, 06:52 AM
Administrator

Default Re: I need help to generate a network diagram by linking data from excel sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalr View Post
I need help to generate a network diagram by linking data from excel sheet.

I have data ready in excel sheet, but i want to generate a Visio Diagram using the data present in the excel sheet.

If somebody can help me in this regard, it is appreciated.

BR
Vishal
What is kind of map? L3/L2? If you want to generate a L3 map, you can just import the config files, do not need to import link connections, please refer to
http://forums.netbraintech.com/showthread.php?t=1470 to build workspace via config file if neccessory.

If it is L2 map, yes, you need to import filename.csv file with link connections to map L2, but the format should meet the predefined format.

You can export one sample from L2 Topology>Switch Connectivity for your reference, Click Export button in Global Switch Connectivity Table window.

Also please pay attention to device name and port, device name should be same as the one in workspace,and the port name should be the short one, please
go to \Workstation Operator Edition\resource\multivendordata\fix_InterfaceType Cfg.ini to get the corresponding short name of each interface names.

Hope it helps.

Gerry