Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product Balance the load across multiple NS

Old 04-24-2013, 01:50 PM

Default Balance the load across multiple NS

I was adding two new physical network network servers as a first step to move from VM. In doing so I noticed that the current three pollers are balanced as follows:

poller1 = 3xyz devices
poller2 = 2xyz devices
poller3 = 4yz devices
poller4 = 0
poller5 = 0

4&5 are the two new pollers so I expect them to be 0 and will replace (not sure of one or both) the VM pollers. The balance seems a tad bit uneven across the three old pollers. Are there any checks within the system to keep devices balanced out some? In my mind, right now, poller3 will be done very quickly and sit idle while poller1&2 are still doing the daily benchmarks.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:56 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Balance the load across multiple NS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
I was adding two new physical network network servers as a first step to move from VM. In doing so I noticed that the current three pollers are balanced as follows:

poller1 = 3xyz devices
poller2 = 2xyz devices
poller3 = 4yz devices
poller4 = 0
poller5 = 0

4&5 are the two new pollers so I expect them to be 0 and will replace (not sure of one or both) the VM pollers. The balance seems a tad bit uneven across the three old pollers. Are there any checks within the system to keep devices balanced out some? In my mind, right now, poller3 will be done very quickly and sit idle while poller1&2 are still doing the daily benchmarks.

Hi,

Try this way, Workspace>Shared Network Settings>Network Server, double click the poller 3> Edit, then you can reassign the devices to poller 3.

Thx
Gerry