Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product Minor cosmetic: remove multiple devices

Old 06-02-2010, 06:39 PM

Default Minor cosmetic: remove multiple devices

So I was keeping track of devices I needed to remove from netbrain by placing them on a qmap. When I was ready I ctrl-clicked all of them, right clicked one and choose remove from workspace. They went into a semi-funky state. The icons stayed on the map page (unlike when i remove one at a time) and I was able to, sort of, search for them. They showed in a device group under the search results but could not actually find the devices in the device group. The system sorted itself out after about three or four minutes for device groups but the icons stayed on the desktop until I deleted them with the delete key.

Best way to test a tool is let people use it
Old 06-03-2010, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Minor cosmetic: remove multiple devices

Good catch! The minutes delay is due to the client & server data synchronization. We'll fix it in our new release.
Do you suggest "remove from workspace" will also auto delete the devices from map? Is there any chance you would like to keep the map unchanged?
Thanks.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:33 PM

If my memory holds when I "remove from workspace" a single device it goes away on the map as well. I just noticed that with multiple devices selected the response seems different then a single device.

Also, do you think the working can be changed a little bit? Or at least clairfied? "Remove from workspace" has be used multiple times by various people to delete a model from the current map not knowing that this removes the device entirely from the server. I think that could be cleared up some. Maybe even change the map menu such that you can only delete from current map and in order to remove devices from the server entirely that requires seperate access somehow ... think first level helpdesk access, I do not want them deleting models.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:46 PM

I tend to like the way the "remove from workspace works now". IE the device stays in the qmap but turns gray if you have "validate" "highlight changes" enabled.

But agree that a per user option that limits the ability to delete devices is a good idea.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:55 AM

Great! We will consider your suggestions. Thanks.