Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product Feature Request: Exclude device type

Old 06-03-2010, 04:49 PM

Default Feature Request: Exclude device type

I was told there is not a way, currently, to exclude certain device types. For example I want to exclude all Cisco WAP and, now it seems, all Checkpoint firewalls. I do not want these device types hogging up my license count since I believe these checkpoints are end stations which I can not do much with and the WAPs are moving over to a controller based setup.

With NetBrain discovering devices on a daily basis I need a way to not find certain systems. If I changed the Device Type under Vendor Model table would that exclude them?
Old 06-10-2010, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Feature Request: Exclude device type

First, it's a very good suggestion to exclude device type during auto discovery. We have added it to our roadmap. Thanks for the suggestion.
You way to modify the device type for Firewall to endsystem does the trick to exclude FW on license count. But when new release coming, the upgrade will restore the FW back.
You might consider following solution with the "Do not scan" feature:
List all WAP/FW devices to a group, export all IPs to a csv file, then from Workspace menu > Discover - "Do not scan" > right click menu > import the csv file. Then you can delete the WAP/FW from your workspace. For any new discovery job, netBrain will not scan those IPs anymore.
Hope it helps.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:12 PM

Thanks for the suggestion Elton, I'll do that.

My issue is going to be live discovery keeps finding these types and I'll have to keep adding things manually in this manner. Since you have it on the roadmap it will make life easier once added. Any idea as to when I can see something like that?
Old 06-17-2010, 11:31 PM

We are planning this and will add this feature soon.