Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product Map Center Sync

Old 06-08-2010, 05:38 PM

Default Map Center Sync

Is there any way to get Map Center to Sync with the server and other users, as part of the "refresh workspace"?
Old 06-09-2010, 01:36 AM

Default Re: Map Center Sync

Hi, recoyle,

The Map Center works locally. I am afraid you cannot sync its data from Enterprise Server. However, you can map a local hard drive which stores the maps, then, other people can specify this drive and sync with it.

Hope to help.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:36 AM

I ran into the exact same thing, sharing static maps for others to be able to view. I ended up creating a share and storing maps there like David said. When doing this be careful because once or twice I did not make sure NetBrain was pointing to the share when saving and maps ended up on my local workstation instead of the server share.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
I ran into the exact same thing, sharing static maps for others to be able to view. I ended up creating a share and storing maps there like David said. When doing this be careful because once or twice I did not make sure NetBrain was pointing to the share when saving and maps ended up on my local workstation instead of the server share.
Yes, exactly. Erick did the smart way. Just as Erick said, do be careful not to overwrite the maps on server site.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:17 PM

Most of my support team that is using netbrain runs remotely over vpn. Microsoft mapped drives over VPN is at best flakey. Can we get an integrated mapcenter sync in netbrain? This would eliminate many problems we have to deal with related to mapped drives.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:58 PM

Rick-

Storing the Qmaps of certain map center folders into NetBrain server, and allowing users to use "refresh workspace" to sync up is likely in the next release's feature list. Please let us know if you have further requirements along this line...

Thanks

Lingping