Netbrain
Home NetBrain Product One-Skill-at-a-Time Search Mark Forums Read
Go BackThe Net-BrainerNetBrain Product Discovery of APs through Cisco WLC?

Old 04-06-2015, 09:39 AM

Default Discovery of APs through Cisco WLC?

I have a cisco AIR-CT8510-K9 WLC that I am discovering and NetBrain only finds about 1000 APs through this WLC. When I access the WLC directly it tell me there are 1547 APs. Is there a limit to what NetBrain discovers on Cisco WLC?
Old 01-18-2016, 10:31 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Discovery of APs through Cisco WLC?

Since NetBrain retrieves Aps via SNMP, so we suspect it time outs for more than 1000 Aps, but we are working on CLI support in our WLC driver and it will be deployed in the future releases.

Case#17273
Old 12-04-2016, 01:53 PM

Why not just increase the SNMP timeout in NB?
Old 12-05-2016, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netify View Post
We can change the option of SNMP timeout in NetBrain easily, but this may cause the performance issue of network devices. This is why we don't recommend to change this value. Since we can discovered these APs through CLI command, i think this is a better way to discover APs.

By the way, we can provide a solution to modify the option of SNMP timeout if you want, please send a email to support@netbraintech.com and ask for help.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by netify View Post
Hi,

If you are running version 6.2, please follow the solution below to try:

There is a limitation for the maximum LWAP being discovered, the default number is 1000, I just changed it to 6000.
Please kindly follow the steps below to import the new Cisco WLC driver to give it a try at your side:
1. Download the new driver from this link and extract it to a temp location.
2. From the Workspace tab, within the Build Workspace group, click the Device Driver option from the Vendor Model drop-down list. The Device Driver pane opens.
3. Click the Import button at the bottom of the Device Driver pane to import the device driver. Browse through the nbdriver file and open it. The driver will be imported, then close the workstation.
4. RDP to the NetBrain Workspace Server, Restart the WWW service. (From Windows Start>Run, enter services.msc to open the Services window. Restart the World Wide Web Publishing Service.)
5. Re-launch your workstation, remove and rediscover the Cisco WLC to see if all the LWAPs could be added or not.